Medication at School
In accordance with New York State Department of Education regulations, medication may be administered to your child during the school day if the following are complied with:
- Written order from student's doctor.
- Written request from parent to administer medicine on form supplied by school.
- Parent must deliver medicine directly to the school nurse.
- School nurse will keep medicine in a locked drawer or file. Unused medication will be destroyed at the conclusion of the treatment if parent does not pick it up.
- Parent must report any change of time or amount of dosage.
- Medication must be in original prescription bottle with druggist label and directions affixed to the bottle.
- Self medication by the student is not permitted.
Thanks to donations from the Kendall Lion's Club, the District reminds parents that KCS has nebulizers in the Elementary School and Junior/Senior High School for students with such medical needs. For more information call the school nurse.