Junior/Senior High School
Counselor: Mirjam Bauer 659-8649 ext 2504 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assigned to students in grades 9-12
Counselor: Lindsay Hammer 659-8649 ext 2505 email: email@example.com
Assigned to students in grades 5-8
Psychologist: Ari Aranov 659-8649 ext 2510 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling Office Fax Number: 585-659-8989
If you have graduated from Kendall JSHS and need a copy of your high school transcript, please call the Counseling Office at 585-659-8649.
- Sept. 20 NHS-sponsored Blood Drive 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Sept. 22 Out of the Darkness Walk at MCC 1-3 p.m.
- Sept. 24 GLOW Fieldtrip
- Sept. 26 College Fair at Greece Ridge Mall 6:30-8 p.m.
- Sept. 27-28 Homecoming
- Sept. 30 Rochester Area Colleges (RAC) in the Commons 1:15-2 p.m.
- Oct. 3 Financial Aid Night HS Auditorium 5:30-7 p.m.
GCC Class Registration Process:
- Sept. 10 - Third period ACE meeting in Auditorium for presentation on registration procedure for all GCC classes
- Sept. 11 - At 7:30 a.m., Notaries Nadine Hanlon and Terri Kroth will be in the Commons to notarize registration paperwork - all students must know their social security number (SSN) or bring their card with them - check in the Counseling Office to see if we have your SSN on file
- Registration deadline is Sept. 27 - for those who live in Monroe County, the residency form must be notarized and sent in with registration information to GCC; for those who live in Orleans County, give your notarized residency affidavit to Mirjam Bauer - she will obtain certificate of residency from county and students must pick up these certificates from her to mail them in to GCC
- Fifty percent of class fee is due with registration form; full payment must be made by Nov. 5
- If student qualifies for free or reduced lunch, there is a financial aid form to be completed to help with class fee - contact Mirjam Bauer for it
- If the certificate of residency is not completed and sent in, student will be charged double tuition
- If questions, please ask Mirjam Bauer
Service Academy Night is on Sept. 24 at 6 p.m. at Monroe Community College, High Falls Conference Room, Third Floor, 321 State Street, Rochester, NY 14608. This event provides an opportunity for students to learn about career pathways that are offered through the United States service academies. Representatives from the U.S. Military Academy, U.S. Naval Academy, U.S. Coast Guard Academy, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, U.S. Air Force Academy, and Army, Navy, and Air Force ROTC will be available to answer questions. RSVP to Christina Gray at Christina_gray@gillibrand.senate.gov or 585-263-6250. Refer to the documents listed below for more information on this event.
Unity Hospital is in need of volunteers. More information and the application form are below. For more information, contact Sharon Taccia at email@example.com.
To view the Resources for Parents on suicide prevention from the Kevin & Margaret Hines Foundation, visit http://www.kevinhinesstory.com/s/KMHF-Resources-for-Parents.pdf.
September is National Suicide Prevention Month. For more information, visit http://www.helpguide.org/articles/suicide-prevention/suicide-prevention-helping-someone-who-is-suicidal.htm
Orleans County Mental Health has a therapist onsite at both schools three days each week. Kristen Acquilano is at the ES on Wednesdays from 8:30 a.m.-7 p.m., and at the JSHS on Thursdays from 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. and Fridays from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. For more information, refer to the document below.
A letter from the Counseling Office to our Seniors and Parents:
Welcome to your senior year! This is a very exciting and important time in your life. You will be making many big decisions regarding college, employment and/or the military. I am looking forward to helping you in any way that I can. In order to do so, I need to take care of some of housekeeping items. Most of you will be filling out applications of some sort and in order for the counseling office to send the required documents, we will need parent and student permission. These documents may include, but are not limited to: ACT, SAT, AP scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation and information requested by newspapers about our graduating seniors. Students will be provided with the Request for Records/Release of Information Form and there will be copies available online and in the counseling office. Please understand that we cannot process any applications until we have a form on file for each student.
If you have any questions, please call the counseling office at 659-8649. I am excited to embark on this journey with you!
(PDF - 633 KB)
Service Academy Night FAQs (PDF - 163 KB)
Service Academy Night Flyer (PDF - 408 KB)
Service Academy Night Invitation (PDF - 100 KB)
Unity Hospital Volunteer Application (RTF - 78 KB)
Unity Hosptial Volunteer Application
Unity Hospital Volunteer Request (RTF - 51 KB)
Unity Hospital Volunteer Request
Orleans County Mental Health School Satellite Services Brochure (RTF - 3.40 MB)
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|