Kendall's Middle School consists of grades 5-8. Kevin Watson is the administrator for these students and Lindsay Hammer is the counselor. Sue Kingsbury will be the secretary for the Middle School. Grades 5-6 will remain in the Elementary School and grades 7-8 will remain in the Junior/Senior High School. The administrator and counselor will travel between both buildings, along with some faculty and staff members. Middle School students will still visit the nurse and psychologist assigned to their buildings: for the Elementary School, the nurse is Marjorie Lapp and the psychologist is Melisa Rath, and in the Junior/Senior High School, the nurse is Bethanie Mason and the psychologist is Susan Smith.
For fifth and sixth grade students, the school day is from 8:40 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
For seventh and eighth grade students, the school day is from 7:40 a.m.-2:44 p.m.
FIRST Lego League Practices for 2018-19:
- September 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24, 26, 28
- October 1, 3, 5, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29
- November 2
- Additional dates may be dependent on the competition schedule, which has not yet been released
All practices will take place at the JSHS from 3:45-5:45 p.m., unless otherwise directed. Contact the FIRST Lego League Director, Jackie Nielsen, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
JSHS Library is open for Summer Reading in July and August on Thursdays from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Refer to the online district calendar for exact dates. For more information on the themes each week, click the file below.
Click the link to the files below for the The Kendall Gazette - the newsletter written by Kendall sixth graders!
- Grades 5-6 NYS ELA Assessments on 4/2/19-4/3/19
- Grades 7-8 NYS ELA Assessments on 4/3/19-4/4/19
- Grades 5-6 NYS Math Assessments on 5/1/19-5/2/19
- Grades 7-8 NYS Math Assessments on 5/2/19-5/3/19
- Grade 8 NYS Science Performance Test on 5/29/19
- Grade 8 NYS Science Written Test on 6/3/19
View the link at the bottom of the page for more information on Next Generation Standards.
5th and 6th Grade Dates for Specials Rotations:
- Special 1 runs through
- Special 2 runs through
- Special 3 runs through
Important Dates for 6th Graders This Year:
- Green Machine Lab - 10/19/18
Important Dates for 7th & 8th Graders This Year:
- January: Scheduling begins for 8th graders
- February: Ninth grade Orientation for 8th graders and their parents 2/7/19
- March: GCC Youth Leadership Conference for a select group of students
- April: NYS ELA Test - 4/3/19-4/4/19; National Junior Honor Society Induction - 5/2/19
- May: NYS Math Test - 5/2/19-5/3/19; 7th Grade Orientation for 6th Grade Parents - 5/1/19; 8th Grade Washington Trip - 5/7/19-5/10/19; 7th Grade Albany Trip - 5/14/19; NYS Science Performance Test - 5/29/19
- June: NYS Science Written Test - 6/3/19; Junior High Awards Night - 6/10/19
Middle School (7th & 8th grades) Homework on Remind App:
7th Grade Homework Remind Instructions
(PDF - 62 KB)
8th Grade Homework Remind Instructions (PDF - 62 KB)
Chromebooks 5th Grade Student Device Agreement (RTF - 63 KB)
The Kendall Gazette - May 2018 (PDF - 1.15 MB)
The Kendall Gazette - April 2018 (PDF - 1.47 MB)
The Kendall Gazette - February 2018 (PDF - 1.42 MB)
The Kendall Gazette - January 2018 (PDF - 1.40 MB)
The Kendall Gazette - December 2017 (PDF - 943 KB)
|pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.|