Kendall's Middle School consists of grades 5-8. Kevin Watson is the administrator for these students and Lindsay Hammer is the counselor. Sue Kingsbury will be the secretary for the Middle School. Grades 5-6 will remain in the Elementary School and grades 7-8 will remain in the Junior/Senior High School. The administrator and counselor will travel between both buildings, along with some faculty and staff members. Middle School students will still visit the nurse and psychologist assigned to their buildings: for the Elementary School, the nurse is Marjorie Lapp and the psychologist is Melisa Rath, and in the Junior/Senior High School, the nurse is Bethanie Mason and the psychologist is Susan Smith.
Back by popular demand: Sweethearts & Heroes returns to Kendall JSHS on Sept. 21 for a special assembly for grades 7-12! For more information, visit www.sweetheartsandheroes.com.
Important Dates for 7th & 8th Graders This Year:
- October: Anti-Bullying Lessons, Sweethearts & Heroes Program
- November: Parent/Teacher Conferences - Nov. 16
- January: Scheduling begins for 8th graders
- February: Ninth grade Orientation for 8th graders and their parents - Feb. 1
- March: GCC Youth Leadership Conference for a select group of students
- April: NYS ELA Test - April 11-13; National Junior Honor Society Induction - April 26
- May: NYS Math Test - May 1-3; 7th Grade Orientation for 6th Grade Parents - May 3; 8th Grade Washington Trip - May 8-10; 7th Grade Albany Trip - May 16; NYS Science Performance Test - May 24
- June: NYS Science Written Test - June 4; Junior High Awards Night